ALOO PARANTHA (pronounced PAROWN-TAH)- The Punjabi 'SOUL FOOD'!
A truly wonderful dish that can be eaten for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. You can't beat a good old fashioned Aloo Di Parantha! The problem is you can't get a good one in the UK!
Where, Other than your Mothers Kitchen, can you get a decent Aloo Parantha???
SOOOOooooo, In our ALOO PARANTHA APPRECIATION SOCIETY, we need your help to let us know where to go for your favourite dish! Don't forget, Your Mother doesn't count, because, you can't beat 'MUMMY DI PARANTHA'!! All Paranthas that you recommend have to be pure
DESI Style & that means Desi Ghee, non of this Olive-Sholiv oily Woily, OK!
- Take 2 boiled Potatoes
- 1 small finely chopped Onion
- Dhaniya(Coriander leaves) finely chopped
- Small piece of Ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 or 2 green Chilies finely chopped
- Salt, Red Chili powder and Garam masala as per taste
Preparation of Aloo paratha :
- For the cover make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add all the stuffing items to mashed potatoes and mix it properly.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one.
- Now roll it slightly. Put it in a pre-heated oven at 450-degree. Cover top oven grill with aluminum foil & Place Paratha over it for easy baking.
- When top side is done change the side and keep a check (till properly baked).
- Spread butter over it. Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt (curd) or desi ghee or butter.